Friday, March 4, 2011

Abe is such a Romantic

President's Day is always a holiday I look forward to. Not only do I get payed to not go to work, Brad has school off, and I get to look forward to a special treat. Every year since we have been married, we celebrate the day with flowers. Okay, okay, you might be thinking that President's Day is usually less than a week after Valentine's Day, so why would I need flowers? Well, I have never wanted flowers on Valentine's Day. They are overpriced for the holiday, and I just don't think its worth it. We always do something nice for Valentine's Day, we just don't celebrate with flowers. Anyway, so instead Brad has made it a tradition to give me flowers for President's Day. This year he was such a sweetie that he also got me some other President's Day gifts: a mirror for our living room, and a new pair of pants. I have been searching for a mirror to hang in our living room for the past little while, and Brad found exactly what I wanted without me being there. I was more than impressed. And he knew that I had wrecked a pair of pants in the wash by leaving a tube of chap stick in the pocket (isn't that aggravating!?!), so he got me a new pair. He got himself a pair too. So, in case you were wondering, we think Abe Lincoln is quite the Romantic at our home. Happy President's Day!

President's Day flowers of years past. I loved that bright happy daisy! It was much needed in the dreary cold February of our basement apartment.
President's Day gifts with notes from none other than Abraham himself attached.
This year's P-Day flowers. Once again, I love the brightness of the flowers. It is a welcomed change to the drab February weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment