Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break

We celebrated Spring Break "stay-cation" style this year (Actually, I don't remember the last time I really went some place over spring break). Monday, we decided drive down to Provo and see the Carl Bloch exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art. It was very worth the drive to go down there. We rented an ipad that gave a lot of additional background info related to the paintings. It was very informative and really added a lot to the exhibit. I did however have to remind myself to focus on the paintings a time or two instead of the ipad. After our time in the exhibit, we met up with my Aunt who is a professor at BYU for some lunch at the Brick Oven. I've never been there before, but it very delish. After lunch we met up with Nela. Nela's family is from Costa Rica. Brad served with her father in one of his areas on his mission. She came to Utah about the time Brad and I got married to learn English. She is now married, and we got to see her cute little boy who is about 1 1/2 months younger than Ellie, but much much bigger than Ellie. It was so fun to see her and her little big man.


Brad's oldest sister, Kristi, and her family were all in Utah this week from Ohio. We haven't seen her husband in over a year, so it was great to see the whole family. We got to spend time with them on Tuesday and Thursday. They have three very energetic little girls, and I think Ellie had fun meeting them for the first time. We spent a lot of time out in Hooper just enjoying time together. They also had fun at the Treehouse on Thursday morning. I was at work, but got to meet up with them for lunch. Alas, I took no pictures of these cute girls together. It sure was fun to spend time with family we don't get to see very often. Having a baby brings new light to family visits.

Brad worked his regular hours at work this week, so when he came home from work on Friday, we had a movie night invite out at Milly and Rob's. They had super nacho supplies for dinner, and icecream too. We left before the movie, Mega Mind, was over due to a grumpy girl who didn't want to fall asleep.

Saturday night I went on a night out with my youngest brother. He had tickets to the Utah Symphony in Salt Lake, so he invited me along. We had a lot of fun, and it has really been to long since I last went to a symphony.

It was so nice to spend lots and lots of time with family, and just relax and not really think about school for a bit. Brad has four more weeks, and we'll be done with his first year of pharmacy school! Hard to believe, but I can't wait!

P.S. Sorry about the long post with no pics.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making our vacation so much fun!! We loved spending time with you and meeting your cute little Ellie.

    ReplyDelete