Monday, March 28, 2011

The Barn

Who can say they were proposed to in a Barn? Not many, huh? Well, I can. Three years ago today Bradly Dean proposed to me in the barn in his back yard. We lovingly call it a "romantic space." From what Brad tells me, the original plans for the night did not include the barn, but nothing really went right that night. The first offense was me insisting we work on Chemistry homework instead of enjoying time with each other. Then there was the dinner that he cooked for us that ended up being a family affair rather than a dinner for two and about an hour and a half after the planned dinner time due to cooking difficulties. Then there was his funny dad who insisted on Brad going through with the night despite the lack of atmosphere. I think for most of the night I was oblivious to what was going on or that Brad was so nervous, but I think I finally realized something with his father's insistent coaxing. In the end, despite all the difficulties getting there, Brad really did make the barn a "romantic space." He had lanterns lit around a swing inside the barn and we just sat and enjoyed dessert and each other's company while staying warn next to a fire. It's fun to think back three years and see all that we have done in that time. We have grown so much, and love each other so much more. Love you so much Brad! Happy engagement anniversary!

The happy couple on the momentous night

A picture we took outside the barn. We sat on that very swing when he proposed to me.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the "romantic space." Didn't I work that into the poem I wrote you?

    ReplyDelete