Friday, July 3, 2009

Pigs Flying



We really didn't see any pigs flying, but I think Brad experienced the swine flu this week. Brad started out with a sore throat on Sunday night, and by Monday he had no energy and really was not feeling his best. We had a family party on Monday night so I enlisted Brad to the task of making a jello salad. Well, he overdid the jello and so we had 2 huge pans of jello. I guess the surpluss of jello was a blessing in disguise because he had no appetite due to his sickness, but he seemed to manage the jello, so he downed a whole 8x8 pan of it on Monday and that was really all he ate all day. By Tuesday he had a high fever, aches, chills, sweats, etc. and didn't move from the living room couch all day. He started feeling better on Wednesday, but was definitely not recovered. I tried to have him help me with the dishes, an easy enough task I thought. Well, half way through the task, he got so light headed and weak, he had to go lay down. The poor guy. Anyway, he is finally feeling well enough today to go to work. We'll see how he does. He was never really diagnosed with H1N1 influenza, but normal flu season is done and over with, so probably anyone with flu symptoms probably has the swine flu. I've never had to experience a sick husband before. Let me tell you, it really wasn't any fun. I am happy to say he is in much better spirits today.

3 comments:

  1. The first time Brysen got sick when we were married it was the flu. It was so sad to see him so sick and I felt so helpless cuz i wanted to make it all better for him. I hope Brad feels better. Good thing he has a good nurse to help him get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I accidentally posted under Brysen's account. So that last post was from me, not him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick husbands are definitely not fun!! Eric is such a baby when he is sick! It is kind of funny. :)

    ReplyDelete