Monday, July 27, 2009

FHE Catch Up

Tonight for family home evening, we wanted to think about our family history, it being pioneer day last week and all. And besides, we went to a family reunion this last week. As we discussed it, the thought came up how will our future generations know us. Unfortunately, since being married over a year ago, neither of us have been very good about keeping our own family history (ie we stink at writing our journals). We decided the next best thing would be to post in our blog the "goings ons" of this past month.

So.....

First off, toward the beginning of July one of my families I (brad) home teach had a bounteous crop of rhubarb. Brother Stewart, being the amazingly nice person that he is gave us a tour of his "secret garden" and also gave a a ton of rhubarb. Teri was wonderful! She used it to make strawberry-rhubarb crisp and then she made her very first pie from scratch. It was delicious! I'm glad I have her; I thought that rhubarb was a berry :)



Next on our list, can I get a little sigh from everyone? We celebrated our first year anniversary on July 12th. We knew we were going to have a super busy weekend, so I made Brad a lovely steak dinner complete with the only real silver we own, candle sticks, on Friday night. We didn't do much else, and I (Teri) will not lie, I didn't think Brad was going to remember. But he did not fail me, he just kept it a great secret. He had our neighbors keep a custom made bouquet of flowers that were similar to the flowers at our wedding, and had them sitting on the breakfast table on Sunday morning. The table was also decked out with my favorite breakfast, WAFFLES! By the way, my husband probably makes the best waffles ever.





(Brad again) I really do. Anyway, moving on...
To keep this brief (too late) I will let the pictures tell y'all how much fun we had at our family reunion this last week end up in Eden.




Hot tubbing with Joely-pooh.



Me driving the boat.



Sisters chillin.



Milly blowing a kiss.



Cousins on the boat.



Teri falling down:) but with such grace!


Well that's about it. We hope you enjoyed our FHE mega post. (We switched off back and forth who was writing. Hope you got that)

1 comment:

  1. So cute...Honestly, my blog is my journal. I write what happens and what I'm thinking. I love going back and reminiscing about my posts. And it's even better cuz you can add pictures!

    ReplyDelete