Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day Slave!


I hope everyone had as great of an Independence Day as Brad and I had. We did all the normal things you would do on the fourth, you know... shop at Walmart, pea in your parent's garden, and sit on the roof. Ok, so those types of things really aren't that "American", but we had a great day. First of all, we slept in. That is a good thing. Then we ate waffles. Yet another wonderful thing. Then we went to Walmart. Not so great. But it was Saturday and of course we had those few items that we needed before the sabbath, so we made a quick trip to Walmart. Yes, I know, what could be more American. Then we went to Brad's parents' and picked peas in their beautiful garden since they are out of town. We had a wonderful barbecue dinner at my parents house complete with homemade icecream! Wahoo! We then made the trek back to Hooper for fireworks. Ok, so instead of sitting with the hoards of people at Hooper Park like everyone else, I bet you can't guess what we did. Ok well maybe you can, but I thought it was pretty much the funnest thing I have ever done on the Fourth of July. We watched the fireworks show from Brad's family's roof, and it was probably the best seat you could have. We had such a great day, I hope ya'll did too.

5 comments:

  1. that's great you had so much fun. I'm supper jelouse of the peas. Oh fresh peas sound heavenly. I miss you guys. Did you play with Milly much? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well slave (meaning brad, not you terri), I am glad you had a good holiday. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roof fireworks are the best! I'm sad I missed the Hooper celebration this year. It was the first time since I can remember that I haven't gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you pea'd the garden, not peed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. how come everyone has family around but me?!!? I'm so jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete