Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Joys of Home Ownership

We have now lived in our home for over 9 months. That is really hard to believe. I feel like we are still settling in, and working on projects, and getting everything in its place, etc. Last month we had the first major malfunction of our home since we have moved in. I noticed a water spot on our garage ceiling in December, and well, it grew. So we had a slow leak someplace in the innards of our home. Well, luckily, it was between semesters so Brad actually had time to tear open the ceiling in the garage and in the utility room in order to find the source.

This led to a hole in the bathroom......

Which led to an adventure in fixing that nasty leak......


Which led to some new dry wall.......

Which led to our decision to paint the bedroom while we at it. Because, really, who wants to pull out all that paint stuff just to paint a bathroom? Besides, we'd been complaining since we moved in that we sleep in a cave........

Which led to a heck of a lot of patching. Don't ask me what why someone would need soooo many holes in their walls, but it looked like a spread of bullets had gone through the dry wall.....

Which eventually led to paint! Glorious, lighter colored paint!
(look at the difference in th ceiling colors! Yikes! We did live in a cave!)

Which led to this. It is still a work in progress, but it is much much MUCH better.

In other "house news," last month we finally bit the bullet and threw a few nails into our beautiful hole-free living room walls. Every single room in the house looked like the above picture. Anyway, you can see why it took me 8 months to finally gain up the courage to puncture our well-formed walls after all the patching we did. In the end, I hung up my Christmas presents from Brad.

This year, I asked him for some shelves to put in the living room. I told Brad exactly what I wanted, and he built them for me. I have such a handy husband.

Last year, I asked him for a picture of the temple for our home. He painted a great picture of the Bountiful Temple, the temple we were married in, to hang in our living room. I have such an artistic husband.

Little by little we're settling in. I am happy to say that we love our home.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It is hard work to be a homeowner, but it really is worth it. I took us forever to decorate too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing picture! Such an awesome talent! :)

    ReplyDelete