Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Speedy Delivery


Early this morning at 3:02 our beautiful Elinor Jean Winter was born. She weighs 6 lb 7 oz and is 19 in long. She has lots of dark hair (more than me, Brad). And we also learned that she is not very patient. You see she was actually due until July 11, but she decided she wanted a June birthday. Last night after Teri and I did a late night delivery for the pharmacy we arrived home and started getting ready for bed at about 11: PM. Teri felt just fine until her water broke in the middle of family prayer. We were totally unprepared! Well, at least we did not have a bag ready. So while Teri is leaking a bit I am running around the house in my "daddy jammies" packing a bag with who knows what. But within a half hour or so we were checking into the hospital. Once checked in Teri was dilated to a 3 and looked like she would be a while. But Ellie had other plans. In about 45 minutes she was rechecked and was dilated to a 7 and in the transition phase of labor. Because the hospital was having quite the busy night (11 deliveries!) the anesthesiologist was preoccupied and Ellie could not wait. Long story short, Teri delivered natural (no drugs, and she did awesome), Our doctor made it just in time, and 3 1/2 hours after our family prayer we were holding our new baby girl in our arms.





I am so very grateful for the help we have received from our family, the medical staff, and the Lord. Elinor is beautiful and we love her so much already!






13 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm glad it went so well...and fast for that matter :). Get all the rest you can, cause you'll need it! hopefully it won't be too long before we can meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! She's beautiful. Congratulations you two. I'm so glad that it went fast for Teri. And to be honest just a teensy-bit jealous :-) We can't wait to see all three of you. What a good lookin' family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's here already! What an unexpected speedy labor! Lucky for you Teri! And way to do it all-natural- you go girl!! Eli looks so sweet and healthy. Hope all goes well the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I'm so excited for you guys! Dang, that was soooo quick for a first time mom! Go Teri! You rock, girl - natural! Felicidades, amigos! She's a cutie! Yay yay yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you guys!!!!! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so shocked when I started reading this!!!! Congratulations... Teri, you are so strong! I'm not sure I could have done that. What an exciting, and scary adventure for you guys. I am so happy that everthing went well for you both. I haven't even gotten you my baby present yet! Ha ha I'm glad mommy and baby are both healthy. I need to come visit soon and bring your gift (even though the baby beat me!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you guys! Glad Elinor is here safe. She is beautiful!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Brad and Teri! I can't believe she just came like that. Wow! She is beautiful! Enjoy this time, it goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete